A vision board is a digital or paper display of quotes, affirmations, images, and goals to help you visualize your goals and feel empowered.
I never knew what a vision board was until I went to a vision board party at my sister-in-law's house. Ladies gathered together to talk about our vision for our future and things that we want to release and not carry over into the new year.
Since then, I have been creating one every year, and I get my children to do one. We pick up supplies from dollar tree and craft store like Michael's. We get poster boards, stickers, glue, etc. I save magazines that I get throughout the year, we cut out pictures and words, and use Pinterest and print images that speak to the goals we want to achieve.
Every December I take time to reflect on the year I had and release what no longer serves me or what I don't want to carry over into the new year. I grab my journal and gather the ideas I've journaled or written down throughout the year and start goal planning so I can create my vision board.
Vision boards are powerful tools that will help you achieve long and short-term goals, but only if you are willing to put in the work. If you're not ready to put in the work, it's just a board with pictures, quotes, and affirmations that you wasted time putting together.
Before you start your vision board, it's important that you take time to get real about the goals you want to achieve. That's why I put together some tips to help you with your goal setting. I use these tips to plan my goals, and it's been working for me. Hopefully, it will work for you too.
BREAK THE VISION DOWN TO GOALS
- Take time to think about the goals you have for yourself.
- Break them into categories, career, health, financial, personal, relationship, spiritual, and travel. If you need help, grab our Manifestation Outline template and use it to help you gain clarity about your goals.
- Write down at least three goals for each category.
OUTLINE THE GOAL
- What is your purpose? What steps do you need to take to accomplish your goals?
- Get clear on what your goals are and why you want to achieve them.
- Outline steps you need to take to accomplish each goal.
SET DEADLINES WITH DATES
- There are seven days in a week and someday is not one of them. Set deadlines for your goals and be realistic.
- Take time to identify any roadblocks that may come along. Be patient with yourself and know that there will be delays, but that doesn't mean give up.
- Once you've accomplished a goal, move on to the next one. Be sure to reward yourself along the way.
MAKE A LIST
Create a to-do list ti help you work towards achieving your goals. Whether it's a daily, weekly, or monthly list. Create small action items for you to works towards achieving the ultimate goals.
LAWS OF ATTRACTION
- Visualize your goals and create a vision board. Your vision board will be your visual inspiration for the goals you are working towards.
- What good is a vision board if you are not clear about what you want? That's why it's important that you follow the steps outlined above before creating your vision board.
- Keep your goals on your mind. Display your vision board or keep it in a place where you can access it often. Visualize yourself accomplishing each goal.
I hope these tips help you with creating goals and working on your vision board. If you want to dive a little deeper and need a little more help with goal setting download our digital Manifestation Workbook which includes journal prompts, affirmations, and more. Or download our Goal Setting worksheets.
Remember, it's a process, and you have to trust it. Always remain grateful for what you have and what you have already accomplished. Have faith that there is more to come, and it will.
Work your VISION and TRUST the PROCESS.